Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Tanya Burr Meetup Disaster & London Shopping


Last Wednesday (29th May) I went, with two other friends up to London. The main reason was to go to Tanya Burr’s meetup which was organised (I say organised, but it really wasn’t :P) in Covent Garden and to do a bit of shopping in the area.
So we jumped on a train up to Charring Cross and headed up. Unfortunately, England’s most famous trait is it's awful weather which was undoubtedly present on the day. Nevertheless we made the most of it! A word of advice; if you are visiting London, you HAVE to go to Paul’s Patisserie and try their macaroons, they are A M A Z I N G!!!!!
When we arrived in Covent Garden it was absolutely packed with girls waiting outside the Apple store who started to form a crowd. We realised Tanya had arrived when half the girls screamed and ran over to her. This is where the trouble started…
Everyone just bunched around her- and I’m talking around 500 people, according to a police officer! She absolutely could not move and I felt so sorry for her, she looked really worried and upset.  Ironically she mentioned in a video that if not many people turned up, they could go for a coffee together. I don’t think that was going to happen when this chaos happened….



So many people!!!
Sadly, she had to leave because so many people were there and it was getting too chaotic and people were getting hurt. Luckily I got quite close to her but didn’t manage to get a photo in all the chaos.
I am a huge fan of Tanya Burr and I think she is super talented and can’t wait to meet her properly another time!
For the rest of the day my friends and I browsed the shops and bought various makeup items which I will talk about in another blog post…
Here is me and my friend Lucy on our way to the meet up (I’m the one on the right)




No comments:

Post a Comment